2. Romance – Telling your mates that the secret for a good sex life is to cook and wash up afterwards.
3. Persistence – Fifteen years of trying to keep the kids out of our bedroom by yelling out ‘We’re naked!’ is finally starting to work. Big-time.
4. Thoughtfulness – Checking from the other end of the supermarket aisle whether I need any feminine hygiene products.
5. Consideration – Tucking me in and telling me to go back to sleep when you have to leave early.
6. Gilding the lily – For talking about me when I’m not there so that all your workmates think that I’m really nice.
7. Realism – For being the designated driver 99 times out a hundred.
8. Non-materialism – For not wanting anything for Father’s Day except your family around (and that new wind-surfing harness that you had to buy for yourself).
9. Sense of humour – for being the sort of bloke who laughs at farts (my sort of bloke); and for laughing when the dog ate your new thongs on Father’s Day.
10. For thinking that you’re lucky to have us, when we all think we’re lucky to have you.
Happy Father’s Day xx